India China Border News : Indian Army Confirmed 20 Soldiers Martyr, More than 43 Chinese Soldiers Casualty


Indian Army Official Statment, " Indian and Chinese troops have disengaged at Galwan Area where they had earlier clashed on the night of 15/16 June 2020. 17 Indian troops who were critically injured in the Line of Duty at the stand-off location and exposed to sub-zero temperatures in the high altitude terrain have succumbed to their injuries, taking the total that were killed in action to 20".

Indian Army also added in the statement," Indian Army is firmly committed to protect the territorial integrity and sovereignty of the nation.

The tension between the two countries rising linked to the infrastructure building work that India doing in its territory. China doesn't want that India builds up good roads to LAC by which during any aggression from China, India is able to move its troop to LAC in less time. Aimed to India-China border tension both sides India and China deployed a large number of soldiers, Heavy Military Equipment, Artillery, along with LAC { Line of Actual Control}.

Indian Ministry of External Affairs stated that "China Attempted to unilaterally change the status of Quo in Galway Valley on June 15 after agreeing to de-escalate during a meeting on June 6. Both sides suffered casualties that could have been avoided had the agreement at the higher level been scrupulously followed by the Chinese side".

ANI sources Quote, "Indian Intercepts reveal that Chinese side suffered 43 casualties including dead and seriously injured in Face-off in the Galwan valley". ANI sources also Quoted that " Increase in Chinese chopper activity observed across the LAC to Airlift casualties suffered by them during Face-off with Indian troops in Galwan Valley".

According to the senior military officials of the Indian Army, it is the first time after 1975 when India-China border seen any casualty on either side. In 1975 four jawans of Assam Rifles trapped and killed in an ambush of Chinese Amry at Tulung La in Arunachal Pradesh.

Defence Minister Rajnath Singh Today reviewed the current situation in Eastern Ladakh, Monday's violent faceoff with Chief of Defence Staff and all three service chiefs. Defence Minister also briefed PM Narender on India China border standoff and casualties.

In Beijing, China's Vice Foreign Minister Luo Zhaohui met Indian Ambassador to China Vikram Misri today to reduce border tension with India.

Indian External Ministry Spokesperson said that " Both sides suffered Casualties in the violent face-off and the Chinese side departed from the consensus to respect the Line of Actual Control in the Galwan Valley. India is very clear that all activities are always within the side of LAC. We expect the same on Chinese Side. The spokesperson also said that India remains firmly convinced of the need of for maintenance of peace and tranquillity in the border areas and the resolution of differences through dialogue. At the same time, we are also strongly committed to ensuring India's sovereignty and territorial integrity".

Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi Tweets after the Incident," Words cannot describe the pain I feel for the officers and men who sacrificed their lives for our country. My Condolences to all their loved ones. We stand with you in this difficult time".

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres's spokesperson Eri Kaneko said "We are concerned about reports of violence and deaths along the Line of Actual Control between India and China. We urge both sides to exercise maximum restraint. We take positive note of reports that the two countries are engaged in de-escalating the situation".

While Chinese senior colonel of Western Theater Command said," India should strictly restrain its frontline troops, stop all proactive actions, meet the Chinese side halfway and return to the correct path of solving disputes via dialogues.

Foreign Ministry Spokesperson of China stated that" The Chinese side has lodged a strong protest and Solemn representation to the Indian side, urging it to strictly restrain its frontline troops according to the consensus, and not to cross the border and make any unilateral move that could complicate the border situation further".

Chinese Mouthpiece Global times Editor in Chief confirmed that the Chinese side also suffered casualties but the Chinese side didn't release a number of PLA casualties in clas with Indian soldiers. My understanding is the Chinese side doesn't want people of the two countries to compare the casualties number so to avoid stoking public mood. This is goodwill from Beijing.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BRAHMOS II : NEW BRAHMOS SUPER CRUISE MISSILE WITH 500 KM RANGE READY

HAL LCH :: India’s Own Apache Attack Helicopter

HAL LCA TEJAS vs PAK JF-17 : WHICH ONE IS BEST FIGHTER JET? INDIA VS PAKISTAN

HAL AMCA :: India's Own Fifth Generation Fighter Jet

INDIA READIES KILLO CLASS SUBMARINE FOR MYANMAR, SET TO HANDOVER SUBMARINE TO MYANMAR

Dhanush :: Indian Version of Bofors